The advantages of 3D visualization
Nowadays, we encounter 3D visualizations more and more often — when we browse through furniture catalogs, search for real estate, or shop online. If the visualizations are well done, they are virtually indistinguishable from a photo. Read on to learn more about the advantages of 3D visualization, the costs involved, and why some industries can no longer do without it.
3D visualization is the conversion of technical drawings and two-dimensional data into three-dimensional virtual models or rooms. In the real estate industry, the use of architectural visualizations has become indispensable for successful project planning and, as an important planning component, to help determine the success of the project. 3D visualizations are also a great tool for marketing a real estate project. Among other things, they are used in presentations, on construction signs, and in virtual tours. Potential buyers get an authentic impression of the property through photo-realistic visualizations, which makes their purchasing decisions much easier.
In addition to the real estate industry, 3D visualizations are also used in lighting design. Different lighting concepts can be compared optimally, and the visualizations help the customer to become familiar with the lighting concept. Additionally, problems that may arise later , such as glare caused by shiny surfaces already present in the room, can be detected early on in visualizations.
Overall, 3D product visualizations are being used more and more frequently. The advantage is obvious: 3D visualizations are a cost- and time-saving way to implement appealing product photos. Whether in catalogs or online stores, they make products come alive, elicit emotions in the viewer/prospective customer, and create incentives to buy. Gone are the days of booking expensive locations to professional stage homes. Thanks to leaps in technology, entire room worlds can be created relatively inexpensively on a PC. In addition, set-up and dismantling times as well as personnel costs can be cut. Another unbeatable advantage of 3D visualizations is that they are reproducible. Hundreds of product images created over a long period of time can be reproduced exactly in terms of appearance and quality. This is an important factor for harmonious product presentation in online stores and catalogs. Such a result simply cannot be achieved with traditional product photography. 3D visualizations make sense not only for products that are ready for sale, but also to photorealistically render product prototypes. In this way, optimizations can be made easily and quickly, even before they go into production. A 3D visualization is adaptable, so that material and colors can be quickly exchanged and compared.
Advantages of 3D visualization
Costs, added value, and areas of application of 3D visualization. A brief overview of the advantages of 3D visualization:
Real estate (Interior & Exterior)
- Possible planning errors or communication gaps can be detected at an early stage through visualizations
- High-quality architectural visualizations increase the confidence of potential buyers, and thus the closing rate
- Indispensable for marketing all aspects of a real estate project: for construction signs, websites, catalogs, real estate portals, and virtual tours
Lighting design (Interior)
- The customer gets an authentic impression of the lighting concept
- Problems such as glare caused by shiny surfaces can be identified at an early stage, so that changes can be swiftly made.
- Products can be marketed in a successful way, without much complication
- Animations make products come alive and create incentives to buy
- Photo-realistic images without expensive and time-consuming photo shoots
- Reproducible impression for a harmonious product presentation
- Prototypes can be presented cost-effectively and quickly and can be optimized even before they go into production.
- Why 3D visualizations are worthwhile
- The advantages of 3D visualization make it irreplaceable for many industries.
Costs of 3D visualization
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how much 3D visualization costs. A decisive point in the question of cost is where and how the 3D visualization is to be used later. For example, visualizations that are used in print media require higher resolutions than those that are created for digital publications. The desired level of detail and photo realism are also important price factors.. A true-to-life interior visualization showing details such as houseplants and decorations will cost more than a minimalistic room visualization with no interior furnishings. There are also differences in product visualizations: from a low-cost product free-viewer in front of a white background to a detailed 360-degree animation. The price ranges here can vary widely. Low-cost renderings can span under six hundred euros to the mid four-digit range. Customers should also be aware of their needs. Photorealistic rendering is not always absolutely necessary. This may depend on the project phase or the target medium, among other things. A trustworthy agency with experienced 3D artists is indispensable in any case to provide proper guidance and recommendations